Guest Post Submission Guidelines
We are always looking for quality, inspirational content that would encourage and motivate those in the One Word 365 community. If you are interested in submitting a post for consideration, please make note of the following guidelines.
Guest Post Guidelines:
- Your post should be 700 words or less.
- Use bold to break up the post. The bolded sentences should make for a mini post for those who merely skim—which lots of people do!
- Give your post a catchy or targeted title.
- Include a question at the end. We want our blog posts to foster community and conversation.
- Include at least one high-quality horizontal photo (at least 2000 x 500 in size) to accompany the post. Use one of your own, or find an attribution-free photo online. Unsplash.com has a lot of great options!
- If you are featuring a product or service for which you’re offering a discount for the One Word 365 community, read and follow the guidelines here.
Ready to submit a post for consideration?
- Click here to create a contributor profile. Click “Register” under the login box.
- Using the username you created and the password that was emailed to you, log in.
- Click on Profile in the left-side navigation menu. Scroll down, and update your profile with your photo, website link, and bio.
- Your bio should be written in third-person, starting with your name. Please include no more than 3 personal social media links in your bio. (Make note: The bio text block accepts HTML.)
- You can also update your password.
- Don’t forget to click “Update Profile” at the bottom of the page to save your changes.
- Using either the left or top navigation, go to Posts > Add New. Write and format your post.
- Insert your photo where you want it in your post.
- Also, upload a photo as the Featured Image on the right side navigation.
- The Featured Image must be 2000×500 in size. You can use either a cropped version of your in-post photo or a different image.
- If the photo requires source credit, link to the original source at the bottom of your post (not directly beneath the photo). Unsplash.com photos do not require this.
- You can click the “Preview” button to check your layout and formatting. When you’re ready, click “Submit for Review”.
- Only posts that are submitted fully and accurately will be considered for publication.
- We will potentially provide minor edits for basic content, punctuation, and formatting. However, we will not make major content changes without prior permission from you.
- By guest posting on One Word 365, you agree to share the post link on your personal blog and social media streams.
- You will receive email notification of all comments on your post. Please reply to comments on the site to engage with the community.
Contact us if you have any questions.